Cartier cartier 21

Trends

How Technology Is Impacting the Jewelry Industry

By Chris Pentago | Oct 21, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Technology, as we know, has advanced by leaps and bounds, marking its presence into the everyday aspects of our lives. Needless to say, it has also made its way to jewelry businesses. Trendy designs, increased availability, and overall access has brought a fresh excitement…


cartier 21

Breitling Chronograph
オメガデヴィレ
мультяшные мужчины

Thread: Cartier Must 21 movement

  • LinkBack
    • LinkBack URL LinkBack URL
    • About LinkBacks About LinkBacks
  • Thread Tools
    • Show Printable Version
    • Subscribe to this Thread…
  • Display
    • Switch to Hybrid Mode
    • Switch to Threaded Mode
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    LJ_Santos
    LJ_Santos is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Punta Cana, D.R.
    Posts
    53

    Cartier Must 21 movement

    Hello everyone,
    My wife has a Must 21 de Cartier that she bough even before I met her. She told me it stopped working. I though it had an automatic movement but during research I found out that it has a Cartier 690, which is a quartz. So I went straight to open the watch and for my surprise the movement says "Japan movement" :S
    As Cartier is a "swiss made" watch i found this to be very weird. She bought for someone with a "great discount", for $1k something. But I think its a rip off
    I will post pictures later.

  2. #2
    ppaulusz
    ppaulusz is offline
    Member ppaulusz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Quote Originally Posted by LJ_Santos View Post
    Hello everyone,
    ...I will post pictures later.
    You should not or at least not here: You see, this is the HeQ forum so obviously you're at the wrong place with your thread.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  3. #3
    stuffler,mike
    stuffler,mike is offline
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin
    Posts
    29,651

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Fake Cartier with jap. mov. cost about $ 79.
    Kind regards
    Mike
    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    nocnoc
    nocnoc is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    75

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Quote Originally Posted by ppaulusz View Post
    You should not or at least not here: You see, this is the HeQ forum so obviously you're at the wrong place with your thread.
    Well, it's in this sub-forum that we have the most knowledgeable people on quartz movements in general, among them yourself. :) Why not give this a look. Can't hurt. Seeing he's a newbie, he might have interpreted High-End Quartz as High-End (as in expensive) watches with quartz movements.

    Besides that, I own a Cartier 21 from the late 80s when the series first came out. The thing still runs beautifully. It doesn't have a second hand but when I push in the crown I always do so on the 00 second. I only correct the time for DST. It is at that point never to the point of being advanced or having lost even 1 minute. This quite likely indicates a performance of better than 20 seconds a year which is the standard for HEQ.

    I never opened it. Have always had the battery changed by a watchmaker. So I can't say what movement is inside.

  5. #5
    ppaulusz
    ppaulusz is offline
    Member ppaulusz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Quote Originally Posted by nocnoc View Post
    Well, it's in this sub-forum that we have the most knowledgeable people on quartz movements in general, among them yourself. :) Why not give this a look. Can't hurt. Seeing he's a newbie, he might have interpreted High-End Quartz as High-End (as in expensive) watches with quartz movements...
    The very least he could have read the so called "stickies" (that would have informed him about what the HeQ forum is and isn't about) before he opened his off-topic thread.
    "Can't hurt" - you reckon but one needs to draw a line somewhere otherwise we would have been dealing similarly "can't hurt" but very much off-topic stuff over the years by the hundreds of them. The HeQ forum is a well known one for its knowledgeable people (as you correctly mentioned) and for its quality posts - now that latter one is just as important as the earlier one, in my opinion.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  6. #6
    LJ_Santos
    LJ_Santos is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Punta Cana, D.R.
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    I'm really sorry, didnt mean to cause such "a big trouble". Just needed some help on that.
    Now I see she got rip off big time, because she paid like $1,400 for it. Now she is mad and I want the divorce! j/k

  7. #7
    stuffler,mike
    stuffler,mike is offline
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin
    Posts
    29,651

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Quote Originally Posted by LJ_Santos View Post
    I'm really sorry, didnt mean to cause such "a big trouble". Just needed some help on that.
    Now I see she got rip off big time, because she paid like $1,400 for it. Now she is mad and I want the divorce! j/k

    No "big trouble" - a member just expressed his opinion.

    Back to the Le Must 21: Take it to an AD and let him have a look / give a statement.
    Kind regards
    Mike
    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    ppaulusz
    ppaulusz is offline
    Member ppaulusz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    2,507

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    No "big trouble" - a member just expressed his opinion...
    ... and the thread was moved to its proper place by the moderator!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    John MS
    John MS is online now
    Moderator Public Forum John MS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    18,004

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Quote Originally Posted by LJ_Santos View Post
    Hello everyone,
    My wife has a Must 21 de Cartier that she bough even before I met her. She told me it stopped working. I though it had an automatic movement but during research I found out that it has a Cartier 690, which is a quartz. So I went straight to open the watch and for my surprise the movement says "Japan movement" :S
    As Cartier is a "swiss made" watch i found this to be very weird. She bought for someone with a "great discount", for $1k something. But I think its a rip off
    I will post pictures later.
    If you suspect that the watch is a fake then you could confirm that with a jeweler that sells Cartier. Because your wife owns the watch and presumably is enjoying it I think it would serve no good purpose for her to know it is a fake. Just get the battery replaced and let her enjoy the watch.

    Japanese quartz movements are certainly of excellent quality so I could see how a designer brand like Cartier would use one in their watch. The cost of a movement is a very small part of the price of an expensive watch so presumably Cartier is able to stay within the definitions of a Swiss watch.

    I'm puzzled at the frosty comments you received from the normally cordial High End Quartz forum. It would have preferable for your question to be answered by the experts in accurate quartz watches rather than arguing about whether it was asked in the proper forum.
    Last edited by John MS; November 29th, 2010 at 14:26.

  10. #10
    LJ_Santos
    LJ_Santos is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Punta Cana, D.R.
    Posts
    53

    Re: Cartier Must 21 movement

    Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    If you suspect that the watch is a fake then you could confirm that with a jeweler that sells Cartier. Because your wife owns the watch and presumably is enjoying it I think it would serve no good purpose for her to know it is a fake. Just get the battery replaced and let her enjoy the watch.
    I thought of that, but I already told her...now she doesnt want to wear the watch anymore.
    But I just saw a picture of the Cartier movement that the original comes with, is something else. So its confirmed, definitely a fake. :/
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; November 29th, 2010 at 15:27. Reason: Quote rstored